Couple looking at bills
CALL US ON 03332 404444
Phone 03332 404444

If you are struggling to pay your rent

If you are struggling to pay your rent or finding it hard to keep up with payments, please contact the Income team as soon as possible. We have a team of Income Advisors and a Tenancy Support team who will work with you to try and improve your circumstances and reduce your rent arrears.

We aim to help in as many ways as possible, such as:

  • Helping you to claim Housing Benefit, if you are entitled to it;
  • Setting up a direct debit from your account to pay the rent or make an application to have an amount deducted from your benefits to pay your arrears;
  • Agreeing affordable repayment plans;
  • Maximising income and completing benefit checks to see if you are entitled to additional benefits;

Tenants who do not pay on time could face legal action, but by working together we will make sure this is a last resort.

Citizen’s Advice

Citizen’s Advice provide independent advice relating to housing, benefits and debts.

If you need support you can contact them at Norfolk Citizen’s Advice (King’s Lynn) on 0800 144 8848.

The Money Advice Hub

The Money Advice Hub who are based in King’s Lynn provide an integrated advice service covering a range of related topics, including Debt Advice, Housing Advice, Welfare Benefits, Money Advice, Digital Inclusion & Wellbeing.

If you need support you can contact them on 0333 305 7648.

Get in touch:
Email: enquiries@freebridge.org.uk
Telephone: 03332 404 444