Rent Support

If you are struggling to pay your rent or finding it hard to keep up with payments, please contact the Income team as soon as possible. We have a team of Income Advisors and a Tenancy Support Team who will work with you to try and help you to reduce your rent arrears.

We aim to help in as many ways as possible, such as:

  • Helping you to claim Universal Credit if you are entitled to it;
  • Setting up a direct debit from your account to pay the rent;
  • Agreeing affordable repayment plans;
  • Carrying out checks to see if you can get any other benefits.

Customers who do not pay on time could face legal action, but by working together we will make sure this is a last resort. 

Please let us know as soon as you can by contacting our Income Team on 03332 404 444 and choosing option 3.

If you want to find out for yourself what benefits you may be entitled to, or want to work out your own budget plan then the following tools are available to access freely:

Benefit calcuator

Budget planner

More Information

Payment Support

View Document

Some other places that may be able to help are

  • Advice Guide
    Online money help from the Citizens Advice Bureau.
  • Civil Legal Advice
    Check to see if you are able to get free and confidential advice as part of legal aid.
  • StepChange Debt Charity
    A registered charity offering free, confidential advice and support to anyone who is worried about debt.
  • HM Revenue & Customs
    Find out more about the tax credits and benefits you may be entitled to.
  • EntitledTo
    Find out exactly what tax credits and benefits you are entitled to by filling in this online form.
  • National Debtline
    Free debt advice and support for people with money worries and debt problems.
  • The Money Charity
    Is a national money education charity which aims to help people handle their money well
  • AdviceUK
    AdviceUK is the UK's largest support network for free, independent advice centres.
  • Christians Against Poverty
    Free local services, run through local churches, to help tackle poverty.
  • Citizen’s Advice
    Citizen’s Advice provide independent advice relating to housing, benefits and debts.If you need support you can contact them at Norfolk Citizen’s Advice (King’s Lynn) on 0800 144 8848.
  • The Money Advice Hub
    The Money Advice Hub who are based in King’s Lynn provide an integrated advice service covering a range of related topics, including Debt Advice, Housing Advice, Welfare Benefits, Money Advice, Digital Inclusion & Wellbeing.If you need support you can contact them on 0333 305 7648.
  • Online Debt Advice
    You can access for free advice if you are having trouble paying bills or need help budgeting your money.


We have a dedicated Support Fund to help customers who find themselves in financial difficulty. We will work with customers who are referred to us to complete an initial financial assessment, before offering further assistance with vouchers for utility payments, food, or specialist items such as school uniforms.

If you need additional help please do contact our Tenancy Support Team at [email protected]

or call us on 03332 404 444, hold the line and then ask to speak to our Tenancy Support Team. 

Redundancy Support

We understand that it can be very stressful if you are facing redundancy but we have teams here to support you and make sure you can access the support and help that you may need.

We’ve put together a simple guide to what your first steps should be when looking for alternative work and/or applying for financial support.

Other help available:

  • If you’re worried about paying your rent please get in touch with an Income Advisor at Freebridge on 03332 404444
  • To find out what benefits you can claim visit EntitledTo.
  • For information on your rights when made redundant visit
  • If you are affected by redundancy and need help with benefits entitlement and managing your finances call the Money Advice Hub on 0333 305 7648 or visit
  • For help with applying for Universal Credit contact our UC team on 03332 404444 or speak to Help to Claim on 0800 144 8 444.
  • For employment support contact Seetec Pluss on 01553 774619 or visit
More Information

Redundancy - What You Need To Know

View Document
We use cookies for marketing analytics