Looking after your home

We want to help you to look after your home by repairing and making improvements, as appropriate, to your home.


To report a repair, please call 03332 404 444 (Monday-Thursday 8.45am – 5.15pm and Friday 08:45am – 4:45pm). We will take details of your repair and let you know how this will be fixed. You can also report a repair by emailing us.


Or, you can sign up to our secure tenant area and report a repair online.

secure tenant area

If you have an emergency repair outside of our opening hours, please call 03332 404 444, which will divert to our 24-hour emergency service.

We may put back a repair if planned maintenance is set to take place. We will explain this to you if this is the case.

Damp, condensation and mould

If you have damp problems in your home, then please read this leaflet that explains ways to help manage moisture in your property. If you have followed this advice and are still having problems with condensation and mould then please call us on 03332 404 444.

Fire Safety

We take fire prevention and safety very seriously. We have an annual programme for testing and servicing smoke alarms, both in your home and any communal areas. But, smoke detectors are just one part of making sure your family are safe from fire. For more information on how to prevent fires, as well as what to do in the event of a fire, please see our Fire Safety booklets – which are available for our customers and sheltered scheme residents.

Rubbish and Recycling

At the start of your tenancy we will make sure that you have the waste and recycling bins you need to dispose of your rubbish and recycling.

If you have large items to dispose of you can contact the council to arrange a bulky item collection, or you can take some items to a recycling centre. Please do not leave any items outside of your home, in communal areas or in public spaces as you will be in breach of your tenancy agreement. 

For more information on garden waste, please see the King's Lynn and West Norfolk Borough Council website about brown bins and garden waste. 

For further information about your rubbish and recycling please visit the borough council’s website: Bins and recycling | Borough Council of King's Lynn & West Norfolk (west-norfolk.gov.uk)

We use cookies for marketing analytics